I have been reading bios of great body builders, most of whom are vegan. (If you haven’t done so lately, visit www.veganbodybuilding.com and take a look at some very impressive and inspirational profiles!) One thing that I noticed throughout the bios of so many successful athletes was that they all have lots of little sayings that remind them of the proper way to be. I too love a good little saying to keep me on track. Here are some favorites:
You are what you eat
Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels (to which I add: “nothing tastes better than foods that make you fit!”)
No pain, no gain (also, “no pain, no pain”)
If you want something, you’re gonna have to work for it
If it were easy, everybody would be doing it
It’s mind over matter
Roll with the punches
When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Nothing is impossible
I think I can; I think I can; I think I can
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today
Life is not a spectator sport
Just do it
You can do it!!!
Believe in yourself (and you may also add: “if you want others to believe in you”)
Be all that you can be
Great people are ordinary people with an extraordinary amount of determination
You’re never going to know until you try
It’s not how many times you fall down, it’s how many times you get back up (I’ve also heard “…it’s what you do when you get back up”)
Failure is not an option
Know when to quit (had to say it, it’s wise)
At least we tried
The only failures are the ones who fail to try
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again
Follow your heart
Love conquers all
Visualize world peace
Smile, people will wonder what you’re up to
Om Mane Padme Hume (Tibetan saying that means “compassion and peace to all living beings”)
If you have a favorite saying (or sayings) that inspires you or keeps you on track, PLEASE share!
- 2012 (3)
- 2011 (114)
- November (4)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (3)
- July (12)
- More Rest and Recovery Needed
- Rest and Nutritional Recovery
- Park Dog/Human Workout + Weights + Vegan Protein
- Home Full Body Workout
- Arms, More Cardio & More Vegan Protein
- Legs & Butt (again)
- Legs & Abs (aka trouble spots) for women
- Running= the best cellulite cure ever?
- Summer Upper Body Workout
- High Protein (vegan, gluten free, flourless) Carrot Cake Recipe
- Got Legs---& I know how to work them!
- Wake Up the Body "Post Red Tent" Home Workout
- June (12)
- How Many Calories Should You Eat/Burn?
- Summer Booty Camp & Vegan Protein
- Thighs, Abs, Lots of Cardio and Vegan Protein
- 2 Gym Workouts and Let's Talk Diet!
- Home Mostly Legs Workout & Eat Your Protein
- Gym Hickeys, Calves, Abs and Vegan Protein
- Work These Body Parts & Eat Vegan Protein
- Gym Calf and Delt Workout and Vegan Protein
- Home Leg and Ab Workout and Vegan Protein
- Glutes and Thighs Gym Workout
- PMS Gym Workout & Vegan Protein
- Little Home Workout
- May (17)
- Armed With Vegan Protein
- Home is Where the Ab Workout Is and Vegan Protein
- Leg Workout & Vegan Protein
- Hot (Vegan High Protein) Muffin Man Recipe
- Home Arm/Ab Workout and High Protein Vegan Muffin Recipe
- Lower Body Workout/Home or Gym/Vegan Protein
- Home Ab Workout + a Ton of Vegan Protein
- 2 Workouts Cover (almost) the Whole Body + Vegan Protein
- Bloat doesn't float my boat
- Back, Chest, Biceps, Abs and Cardio all Fueled by Vegan Protein
- Legs, Cardio and Plant Protein
- Delts, Abs, Cardio and Vegan Protein
- Progress Report
- Legs & Cardio
- Back, Biceps, Cardio & Vegan Protein
- Simple Abs & Cardio
- Deltoids, Abs, Glutes, Cardio and Vegan Protein
- April (19)
- What the FOK? Core, Cardio and Protein
- Drop Dead Legs, Vegan Protein Smile
- Cardio, Arms, Abs & Vegan Protein
- Easter Vegan Protein with Calf & Ab Workout
- Rooty Tooty Vegan Protein Booty
- Bigger, better deltoids (& Vegan Protein, of course)
- "Have-It-All Protein" & Calf Workout
- Cardio, Ab Workout and More Vegan Protein!
- Building a Better Butt
- Celebrity Workout (& Protein)
- Calves, Abs and Protein
- Butt wait, there's more!
- Supplementation Station
- Cool Stuff
- Comforting Calf Workout & Yummy Glutenous Protein
- Channel Your Emotional Pain into Your Core Workout
- Glutes, Thighs and Proteinized
- Rest is Important Too
- Protein City Party
- March (28)
- Booty Booty Booty
- Sexy Arms & Sexy Vegan Protein
- Calves Again and Vegan Protein
- Armed and Dangerous Vegan Protein
- Smiling at the Gym
- Home Calf Workout & Lots of Vegan Protein
- I'm Back in...Grey (?) / 238 Grams of Protein!!!
- Neglect the Sandman & You Will Pay!!!
- Delts, Glutes & Vegan Protein
- American (Vegan) Idol
- Working the Core is Never a Bore/ Neither is Lots of Vegan Protein
- Calves Growing Into Little Heifers
- Annie Get Your Guns
- Vegan (Irish?) Protein and Rest
- Booty Girl Strikes Again
- Progress Report
- More Protein, More Abs
- Vegan Protein Discussion & Arm Workout
- Legs & Abs Workout
- Grab a Workout and Some Vegan Protein Where Ever You Can!
- Homebody Mini-Workout
- Wanna Work Your Legs Until You Can't Walk?!
- I'm Back (from the land of the unhealthy)!
- Protein Power
- Workout Killed My Abs/ More Protein!!!
- Killer Ab Workout!
- Friendly Butt Workout and Lots of Protein!
- Calves Again / Another One Bites the Dust
- February (14)
- Gregarious Girl Guns
- More Calf Work--moo! & More Protein too!
- A Day Off From Working Out, But Not From Eating Protein!
- What Injury? Arms & Ab Workout
- My First Injury
- New Calf Workout!
- Nose to the Grindstone on My Own
- Getting Gun Show Ready
- Everybody Look at My Butt!
- Feelin' Great and Bummed About It
- Ready & Raring to Go!!!
- So Sore Today!
- The Journey Begins
- "Before" the Journey Began